Click here to download Naturelle installation instructions.
*Failure to follow instructions may result in voiding of warranty*
1. THOROUGHLY INSPECT ALL MATERIAL. INSTALLED FLOORING FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WILL NOT BE COVERED BY WARRANTY & LABOR COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH REMOVAL & REINSTALLATION WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED. CONTACT YOUR DEALER/DISTRIBUTOR IMMEDIATELY SHOULD A PROBLEM BE DISCOVERED.
2. 90% OF ALL INSTALLATION FAILURES ARE MOISTURE RELATED. ALL CORRESPONDING MOISTURE TESTS MUST BE PERFORMED & RECORDED PRIOR TO INSTALLATION WITH RESULTS NOT TO EXCEED THE ADHESIVE MANUFACTURER’S SPECIFICATIONS. SHOULD A CLAIM SITUATION OCCUR,MOISTURE TEST RESULTS MUST BE FURNISHED.
1. Do not store Naturelle on its sides or edges prior to installation. Cartons must remain flat during acclimation to insure proper dimensional stability during installation.
2. Areas to receive flooring must be clean, fully-enclosed, well-lit & weather-tight to insure proper inspection during & after installation.
3. Permanent HVAC must have been set & operating at 65°F for a minimum of 48 hours prior to installation with product on site to permit thorough acclimation. HVAC must be maintained at a minimum temperature of 55°F thereafter as per the adhesive manufacturer’s recommendations.
4. Please check that all material is the same batch & lot number. Naturelle takes great measures to minimize shading variations but they can occur from time to time. Please mix & install individual pieces from different cartons should the lot numbers vary in order to minimize the appearance of variations.
5. Material must be acclimated in the area it is to be installed for a minimum of 48 hours prior to installation.
1. The responsibility for determining subfloor suitability rests solely with the installer, regardless of qualifications.
2. All subfloor material must be rigid, smooth, flat, level & permanently dry, clean & free of all foreign materials, including, but not limited to, dust, paint, grease, oils, solvents, curing/parting compounds, sealers and residue from old adhesive unless specifically specified by adhesive manufacturer.
3. Naturelle recommends installation over concrete subfloors,however underlayment grade plywoods are also acceptable & must be of at least BC grade in order to comply with above requirements for subfloor condition. The lack of compressive strength of Luaun is not a recommended underlayment.
4. Non-shrinking, water-resistant Portland cementitious based patching and leveling compounds are recommended. Compounds are the only recommended patching compounds. Gypsum-based patches & leveling compounds have not been approved by ASTM to accept resilient flooring, are not recommended thus must be used at your own risk.
5. Due to vast differences in moisture emissions requirements between adhesive manufacturers, moisture test results must not
exceed the intended adhesive manufacturer’s recommendations. Claims must specify both the moisture test results & the adhesive make & model for consideration.
1. Naturelle is compatible with many adhesive options, but suitability of adhesive is a responsibility that rests solely with the installer. If unsure of suitability, please check with your dealer/distributor for further information regarding compatibility, taking care to inform them of jobsite conditions.
2. Prepare all rules, cutters, adhesives, trowels/spreaders & compass dividers before commencing work.
3. For best appearance, please find the center of the floor by marking vertical & horizontal lines across the floors at the center of
the walls. Measure the squareness of the marked lines, and then begin to work from the center outwards, leaving a 0.12”expansion gap along the perimeter between the flooring & walls.
4. Be sure to follow recommended working times from the adhesive manufacturer, often for porous surfaces, along with all equipment recommendations, such as trowel notch-size. Do not spread more adhesive than can be installed within the recommended working time.
1. Naturelle is compatible with many adhesive options. Often, anadhesive designed specifically for the installation of vinyl or vinyl backed tiles will be acceptable. These adhesives are typically acrylic-based, highly plasticizer-resistant & must develop strong
bond strength to limit dimensional movement of flooring materials. Multi-purpose adhesives typically have several instructions for use & Decoria recommends the use of hard set adhesives. Pressure sensitive adhesives may be suitable for certain installations,
however, they do have several limitations.
2. For most installations with low moisture emissions (under 3lbs./1,000ft²), Naturelle recommends the use of W.F. Taylor 2091over porous surfaces (concrete & plywood). Decoria has also been tested with many other adhesive options from Mapei, W.F. Taylor, Parabond, Spray-Lock & DriTac. Please consult your local distributor for suitable alternatives & recommendations. Naturelle highly recommends the use of low-VOC adhesives to reduce health risks associated with poor indoor air quality.
3. Areas that have low porosity, high moisture emissions, increased levels of humidity, large temperature swings, exposure to heavy
objects/rolling loads or are prone to high volumes of topical moisture many warrant the use of epoxies or 2-part polyurethane
adhesives. Please consult your dealer/distributor for further information & recommendations.
4. A typically recommended trowel-notch size for acrylic-based adhesives is 1/32” x 1/16” x 1/32”, but can vary in the size & shape of the notch. Please be sure not to exceed adhesive manufacturer’s recommended notch sizes.
5. Most installations will dictate that adhesive is laid into wet adhesive, so a minimum 100 lbs. roller must be used immediately
after laying products to insure even and level setting.
6. Lay tiles/planks to your satisfaction. Quarter-turning tiles or staggering planks will not affect the quality of the installation.
7. Periodically lift the corner of a tile to confirm proper adhesive transfer to the backing of the flooring at regular intervals as per the
recommendations of the adhesive manufacturer.
8. Be sure to permit adequate drying & curing time before exposing the floors to foot traffic and/or rolling loads, which can
lead to improper setting or indentations in adhesive. These times vary between adhesive manufacturers & jobsite conditions so
please adhere to directions supplied by the adhesive manufacturer.
9. Excess adhesive on flooring surface must be wiped clean immediately. Slightly dried adhesive can be cleaned with a lint-free,
white rag dampened with mineral spirits. Under no circumstances are mineral spirits or any solvents to be applied directly to the
surface of the flooring.