Resilient flooring, like solid rigid core and luxury vinyl flooring is a popular choice for its easy maintenance and repair. However, low maintenance does not mean no maintenance.
The single greatest cause of damage to any flooring or floor finish is abrasion from dirt and grit.
· Use walk off mats at entrances and doorways and vacuum often.
· Use soft floor protectors under furniture and equipment.
· Clean felt protectors regularly to ensure there is no dirt build up.
· When moving furniture use strips of plywood or Masonite to roll or slide the furniture or equipment.
· Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight.
Keep the floor clean with regular removal of dirt and soil.
· Mop with a micro-fiber mop and use microfiber pads for dust removal and scrubbing.
· On large installations an automatic scrubber or wet vacuum is the preferred way to remove soiled and rinse water.
· Do not use a vacuum with rotating brush or beater bar.
Note: All floor protectors, mats, furniture caps, etc. should be non-staining. Do not use products that are rubber- backed, latex-backed. Tires and other asphalt sealers may stain or damage the surface. See Adore recommended products here.
For these tips and others, as well as recommended products, including floor cleaners, furniture protectors, mops, mats and maintenance tips visit the Adore page at Hilway Direct or call 1-877-FloorGuy.